Download Full Text (567 KB)
The most important reason this study is being conducted is to find out if employment has anything to do with where a person lives. I gathered information from residents living at Willow Ridge apartment complex in New Britain, CT.
- I went door to door interviewing residents with a questionnaire I designed.
- Residents were asked what was the most important reason they choose in live in New Britain.
- Residents were asked why they chose to live in this neighborhood.
- Resident were asked why they chose to live at Willow Ridge apartment complex.
- Responses varied between residents.
- After careful analysis, I found that a majority of residents prioritized a quieter neighborhood over employment.
- Resident also preferred to live closer to family members than to work.
demographics, neighborhoods, New Britain, Connecticut, population density
Environmental Health and Protection | Environmental Sciences | Physical Sciences and Mathematics
Spano, Michael A., "The Importance of Neighborhoods: An Investigation in the Demography of a Neighborhood in New Britain, CT" (2015). Student Presentations. Book 3.